The Social Science Research Commons provides more than just a beautiful space for events; we can also provide basic assistance and support for every stage, from planning your event through archiving and distributing materials after the event is over. Whether you are working with IU Conferences to plan a large public event or arranging a smaller meeting, seminar, or workshop for your own group, we are here to help. Some examples of the type of support we provide includes:
Before the event
Planning and logistical arrangements
- Travel arrangements for visitors
- Making arrangements for special attendee needs
Event marketing and promotion
- Creation of event flyers and other marketing materials, in line with IU Brand guidelines
- Event listing on the SSRC website and in the Indiana University Events Calendar system
- Distribution of event information and announcements via e-mail and social media
- Tracking registration for free events using Eventbrite, Qualtrics, or other systems (for revenue-generating events, we recommend IU Conferences)
Preparation of event materials
- Assisting with the creation of event signs, name badges, and other materials
- Arranging the printing of handouts and other materials
- Creating sign-in sheets, event attendee web or paper surveys, and other materials to collect information from attendees
Support available during your event
- Room set-up
Hands-on support for all of our technology, for everything from uploading presenters' PowerPoint slides to video and web conferencing and SmartMeeting software.
- Tracking attendance (including preparation of sign-in sheets)
- Coordinating phone, video, and web conferencing
- Live-streaming and recording events
- Coordinating catering
- Event photography
- Promotion on social media
Services after your event
- Distribution of post-event surveys or other communications with attendees
- Archiving of event materials (e.g. slides and documents) in IU ScholarWorks
- Preparation (light editing) and sharing of event videos and/or archiving of event videos in IU's Kaltura and Media Collections Online (Avalon) systems, Youtube, or other systems
- Preparation (light processing) and sharing of event photos
Does your event need help with something not listed here? Contact us and see if we can be of help!
Ready to reserve SSRC facilities for your event? Check out our calendars and make a request using our reservation request form.
Have questions? Check out our frequently asked questions about facilities and events or contact us by phone or email. We would be happy to give you a tour of our available spaces, show you the technology available in our spaces, answer questions, or talk through your event's needs.