The mission of the Social Science Research Commons (SSRC) is to facilitate social science research on the Bloomington campus by providing research infrastructure, support, and training to social science faculty and graduate students.
Within this broad mission, specific goals of the SSRC include:
- Serve as a physical and virtual hub for social science research, including through partnerships that leverage existing expertise at IU
- Oversee management of key social science data resources (e.g. ICPSR, KRDC) available to IU Bloomington researchers
- Provide social science research methods training
- Offer meeting space and support for collaborative research, workshops, and conferences
- Support research proposal development
- Encourage innovative social science research through internal grant programs