Social Science Research Facilities and Resources
- Funding Opportunities The Office of the Vice Provost for Research at Indiana University Bloomington maintains a comprehensive site to help faculty and staff identify sources of research-related funding. On this site, sign up for regular notices of funding availability that can be tailored to your specific interests.
- GradGrants Center
- Human Subjects/Institutional Review Board (IRB) The overarching mission of the Indiana University Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) is to protect the rights and welfare of human research participants recruited to participate in research conducted under the auspices of Indiana University. Rather than ensuring mere compliance with the federal regulations, IU's HRPP, consisting primarily of the Human Subjects Office and the IU Institutional Review Boards (IRBs), strives to adhere to the highest ethical standards in its protection of human research participants and seeks to further develop the methods and mechanisms for protecting human research participants. All faculty, staff, and students should familiarize themselves with the policies and procedures of the IRB.
- IUB Proposal Development Services IU Bloomington’s Proposal Development Services offers assistance with the preparation of applications for extramural funding.
- IU Office of Research Administration The IU Office of Research Administration is the organizing unit for all policies and procedures related to the administration of research and creative activity efforts. Via this site, faculty, staff and students can access the comprehensive resources of this office. Training Available
- IU Social Science Librarians
- UITS IT Training - Research Computing