The SSRC, with the support of the College, facilitates Indiana University users' access to data through several databases and resources:
ICPSR is the world's largest archive of digital social science data.
- IU's Official Representative to ICPSR is Emily Meanwell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Roper Center is a leading archive of social science data that specializes in public opinion survey data.
- IU's Official Representative to Roper is Emily Meanwell (email@example.com).
- For information on accessing the Catalist database, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualtrics provides web-based software for conducting online surveys.
- Faculty, staff, and students within the College of Arts and Sciences who are interested in obtaining a Qualtrics account should email email@example.com.Faculty, staff, and students from other schools can contact their division administrator here.
ECPR is a scholarly association that supports training, research, and cooperation among political scientists.
- IU's Official Representative to ECPR is Emily Meanwell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other data sources for IU researchers
- Web of Science (WoS): The Indiana University Network Science Institute provides access to Thomson Reuters' Web of Science data. Employees of Indiana University can request access through IUNI's Access Request Form.
- Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS): WRDS provides access to databases in the fields of finance, accounting, banking, economics, management, marketing and public policy. Additional information is available through the Kelley School of Business, and IU-Bloomington faculty, staff, and graduate students can request an account here.
- Nielsen marketing data from the Marketing Data Center at Chicago Booth: The Kelley School of Business subscribes to Nielsen marketing data, including consumer panel data, retail scanner data, and Price-Trak (from Promodata). Only tenure-track faculty, PhD students, and postdocs are eligible to access the datasets; users must comply with several policies and requirements. To gain access to the data, please contact Craig Eich (email@example.com) to receive a single user registration code that you will use to register online with the Marketing Data Center. Please put Nielsen in the subject line. Once approved through their database, you will receive instructions on how to access the data to which we are subscribed.
- Gallup Analytics: Gallup Analytics is an online platform that provides subscribers with access to nearly a century of U.S. data and a decade of global tracking data known as the Gallup World Poll. Read more about Gallup Analytics here.
- The IU Network Science Institute's (IUNI) data resources page includes information about other data resources available to Indiana University researchers.
- The NaN data repository includes several large, public datasets related to web traffic, Twitter, social bookmarking, and more.